Pendleton Village History

Discovering the past

Pendleton School

Pendleton School was erected as a National School in 1837, rebuilt in 1870 and a School Board was formed in 1894.

Originally the school took children up to the age 13, but by the 1940s was an Infants' and Junior School.

Falling numbers on the roll led to its closure in 1981.

 

It is now a private residence.